Before you start
Here are some things to know before you begin this process.
- Generally, each platform will ask if you want to authorize Trender for the current account you’re logged in as. Make sure you’re logged in with the correct account or profile you want to link to Trender before you start.
- We may ask for your account credentials, which is totally optional, but will limit you from certain features such as Native or Recommended Actions. You can always add your credentials later if you wish.
- Your account credentials are encrypted and managed using secrets management technology. We cannot access, nor can we decrypt or view your credentials. You can delete your credentials at any time.
Important Details for Instagram
Meta has particular requirements and restrictions that we follow to comply with their data and privacy restrictions.
We support only Business or Creator accounts for Instagram. Your Instagram profile(s) must be linked with a Facebook account. In order for us to post comments, likes, or shares on your behalf, we will need your account credentials. You can link accounts without credentials and still be able to search Instagram.
Connecting your social profiles
- Log into the social media account you’d like to connect.
- In Trender, go to the “Linked Accounts” tab on the left hand table.
- Click on the social media icon you want to add.
- If available, you can enter your account credentials.
Once completed, you’ll see a Linked Account “card” that you can disable, delete, or optionally add credentials.